Friday, November 9, 2012

Take the Challenge...

"Creativity will take you outside your comfort zone: hence the fear. Your talents are the harbinger of your full potential. Following them will take you to the better side of the tracks"(Fern Kagan, Creativity kit)

Challenges are meant to strengthen the individual, they are also meant to push the individual to go after something they love. Taking the challenge is not meant to put down anyone and it is not meant to judge or stall the individual from succeeding. What it is meant to take the challenge is to think what is it that is holding you back from doing what love? Can you challenge it? Of course you can, no one and nothing can stop you. Prove to yourself first and others later that you are able to create your own future. 
Another way you can take the challenge is to stop doing what you don't want to do anymore and start doing something you love. To exemplify, this is a successful duo who changed their careers, changed what they knew and started in a business that they loved.

Career Profile: Inspired by their grandmother, in 2008, Katherine and Sophie traded careers in fashion and venture capital to follow their passion for baking and opened Georgetown Cupcake in Washington, DC. (http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/about.html)

Last thing I want to note is don't have any regrets. Where you were before is still a part of who you are now. Don't think that "I wasted so much time", and know that these were just stepping stones in becoming who you've always wanted to be. 

I have never regretted going to university for four years, studying psychology. I loved learning about the human mind and human behaviour. Last year I had the option of dropping out and getting a head start in opening my own business, but I chose not to because I did not want to look back and think I never got my diploma in university and regret it. I knew I will have time, and in-between I used my free time while I wasn't studying or in school to enhance my skills in baking and researched the industry and what it would take to open up my own bakery.




No comments:

Post a Comment